Sunday, August 11, 2013

We're here!!!

We finally made it to Dakar Senegal!  After a bumpy and long flight we got here and we're immediately blasted by hot hot air.  And this is their spring season!  (FYI: I'm trying to talk Mike into getting an air conditioner for one room, we'll see how far that goes ;-) Ha!
Besides the heat our sleepiness took over for the first two days, but today was the third day and we had a great time at church and then got a tour of Dakar, their really nice shopping mall with a food court, and a really nice grocery store.  They weren't kidding about everything costing a lot here, I wanted to get some paper plates like you can find at the dollar store and they cost $10.00, a can of beans is $4.00.   But we were able to get the items we needed and then came home and finally unpacked and the girls made a new friend and Mike and Carter  planned lacrosse and softball with others.  Today was a great day!  We are finally starting to get over our jet lag and starting to make it a home here.  I am so sorry I forgot to bring my camera today while we were out and about.  I will include the pictures I took tonight outside our front door and will take some of campus in the morning.  But I just wanted to pop in and say we are here and doing good.  The first two days were a culture shock, but today actually felt like this is home.  Life is good!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us updated. I am looking forward to you making me feel like I am right there with you guys. I can't wait to see the food and grocery store pictures. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and kisses to all of you, thanks for posting pictures and keeping up with this blog!! It really helps me feel better about you guys being there!! <3

    ReplyDelete